> Destinations > Cuba > Trip Reports > Trip Report
All-inclusive, August 12-27. 2 adults traveling from Italy
Just back from Villa Covarrubias. At first I made a 4-days trip in the eastern part of Cuba, then I spent 12
days at Covarrubias.
- the place is located on a nice bay with white sand
- the entertainment group in great, one on the best I ever met
- Villa Covarrubias is VERY isolated. the nearest village is at 40 minuts
by car (and 50 USD for the taxi) on a bad road. No cheap transportation is
provided. If you want to go on any excursion, e.g. to l'havana, departure is at 5.30 a.m.
- The place is full of mosquitos, usual repellents don't work. They prefer
- Some of us complained with the direction because there were not enough
long chairs at the beach. He did not care to solve the problem. Also,
there are only abour 30 sun decks (large unbrellas) for 120 rooms.
therefore if you want to have the chair and the shadow, you have to go at
the beach before 8 am to reserve it. But don't leave your towels unattended
as they are often robbed; then you are asked to pay 20 USD for it, which
is equivalent to a good MONTHLY salary of a cuban worker.
- the food is of average (low) qality and variety. I had much better by a
if you want to stay in a place in the mid of nowhere, just swimming,
playing, dancing, sun-bathing all the day long, then it's OK (but remember
mosquitos and food qaulity..). However for the same price I know of much
better places in Yucatan and Santo Domingo.
Thanks to Max for this trip report ...